Now that everyone is back from their three hour lunch, we've checked into our hostel. We did go see Manneke Pis. It was really funny. I knew it was going to be small, but I had no idea that it would be build into a wall on the corner of a random street. Too funny.
Em and I ate a cute little pizza place where we shared a veggie pizza, and then we finally got some Brussel's waffles. OMG...SOOO good. It was crazy. We bit into it and immediately fell in love. We walked down a block or so and bought another one from another stand! We figured it didn't sound as bad as it was because we bought it at two different places! I'm feeling a little sick now, but it was WELL worth it.
Our hostel is nice so far. We're in a mixed dorm, so we'll see how that goes. Always interesting at night.
I really like Brussels so far. It's a nice mixture of older buildings and more modern buildings as well. We sat on wooden recliner like things infront of this catherdral somewhere downtown. It was really nice other than being cold and lightly raining. When we left Emily was cracking me up with her super southern accent trying to pronounce the different street names. People probably look at us and think stupid american tourists.
The maps our hostel gave us are really difficult to follow. All of the streets are correct, and where they meet and stuff is right, but I don't know if the angles are right. When we are headed up on map we're really heading like north-west. The map for Brugge was by the same people, and we got lost a few times there. The map is really cool though because it tells you different cheap places to eat, and it tells you cool things to do for cheap and/or free.
We found out that our flight from Brussels to London is in a tim-buck-two (yes it's tim not ten marissa) location outside of the city. We're not too excited about that because we have to pay 11 euro or something like that to take a shuttle AFTER we take a tram out there. I'm going to be checking out some higherend hotels and seeing if they offer a shuttle service out there that we could slip on unnoticed. :)
Oh, I'm pretty sure I know what I'm naming my puppy.
Mr. Darcy
:)
-H
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I think that with smelly clothes and feet you will be noticed in a high end hotel. All is well here. Talked to Marissa yesterday and she says she is not coming home because the children need her!!! We miss you Mom
Post a Comment