Thursday, May 17, 2007

Beautiful Bray

This morning we road the Dublin Dart train 40 minutes out to an adorable town namd Bray. Bray comes from the Gaelic word Bri which means Hill. Speaking of hills, Hannah and I hiked to the top of this georgeous green hill that had a huge cross on it. From the top of the hill, you could see the rolling green hills of Ireland, the entire town of Bray, and the sea. I loved it there and I also got to eat my first fish and chips there- it was pretty good!

I agree with Hannah on the hostel- i think i may be done with showering there! Oh yeah- this is for the dads cause y'all are kinda nerdy and may enjoy doing this for us. Hannah and I are confused on the whole gaelic as a langauage thing. We of course hear a lot of the Irish people speaking English but we also hear Irish-looking people speaking another language but we are not sure if they are irish or not. A lot of the signs are in both Irish and English and we are curious to know which percentage of people actually speak gaelic. I assumed it was just some kind of dead language with historical meaning.

Anyway, I miss you all and I also had a Crunchie bar- aka sponge candy! MLE

2 comments:

Russ Allen said...

I actually read this blog and love it! You are having so much fun!

"Bray go bre!"

Russ Allen said...

What kind of fish is it? Cod?