Monday, May 28, 2007

Rainy days and Monday's always get me down...

Like Emily said today hasn't been altogether that great. We started off hiking a pretty long way to our hostel, and then we got caught in the rain. I had a little fit after I was drenched and freaking out because I thought my camera might be getting wet. There's nothing worse than being drenched, hungry, and sweaty underneath your rain coat.

We finally found a breakfast place, but our so called American pancakes were only about 4 inches in diameter. We both feel like the owner or cooks have never even set foot on American soil. We were looking forward to some IHOP goodness, but oh well. They were still good even though they were in no way pancakes at all.

The weather got a little better as we ate, and since we figured we couldn't get much wetter we walked down to the Van Gogh museum. The museum was a little ray of sunshine in our day. It was very cool to learn about his life and family. I had no idea Van Gogh died by shooting himself in the chest. Why not the head? I have no idea, seems less painful. I guess he really did go crazy.

I was able to get some really cool souvenirs from Amsterdam. I got something really funny for you Mom and Dad. I still don't know what Will wants, so let me know if there is something smaller that you want Will, ok?

Our hostel is really quite neat. It's a totally Christian hostel, and they've been witnessing to us since we've walked in. Not really, but there is Jesus stuff all around. We're in the cafe right now, which is like a really cool pimped out shoup slash youth room. The coffee is cheap, and they have jenga. Our rooms are a little on the small side, but overall it's a neat experience. If grad school doesn't work out I might move here and work. They're all hippie christians. Haha...

One more heartbreaking thing is that our hotel we stayed in has charged my room like twice the amount it should have. I'm about to have to go call and sort things out. I think they just charged the whole thing on my card instead of half on mine and half on emily's. It did show up on em's card though, so we'll see how things go. I might need you to play the mean guy ok dad?

Headed to Brugge tomorrow! Yeay! Hopefully it won't be rainy!
-H

4 comments:

Papa-san said...

Hi Hannah,
Call the hotel and tell them that it was billed twice. Also, look on your card and see if there is a toll free international number you can call to get the bank involved if you need to. Otherwise, we can do it when you get back. Your vids are funny. Looks like you are having fun. We just got home from Gatlinburg. Everyone misses you. Papa-san.

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah,
Thanks for the video messages. We couldn't understand what you were saying after the part about Emily not having any money!!! Give her some,Hannah. She will be drawing a paycheck before you!! Send the rain this way. Six trails in the Mountains were closed because of fire. We even saw one from Gatlinburg. If graduate school doesn't work out your plan sounds terrific. Will doesn't know what he wants.Just not wooden toys!! Grampy wanted to send you an e-mail. So check it.. I love you,Mom

Mom said...

Emily,
Either the password or the username were incorrect. They don't say which one. Let me know.
Thanks, Mom

Unknown said...

I miss you so much Hannah!
I LOVE YOU!