Isn't it the mecca for all pale people?
Anyway, Emily and I went to the lovely city of Bray today. We took a break from Dublin, hopped and train and fell in love. Bray was gorgeous. It is what you picture Ireland looking like. Rocky beaches (which I love!), lush green hills, and cute little old irish people. There was one big hill/mountain thing called Bray's Head that had this huge cross on it. Of course emily and I were like, we're going there!
So we hiked up this mountain dripping sweat the whole way. It was absolutely gorgeous though. I felt like I was in some medieval times because there was only a small path covered with lots and lots of trees and greenery. It was wonderful, well it was better once I got to the top. The end part was hard because it was basically climbing over a bunch of rocks. Some nice german people took our picture at the top.
We ate fish and chips for lunch. It was great and it was emily's first time having fish and chips. We moved out of our other hostel and boy do I miss it. This one is a little sketch. The showers are in a plyboard makeshift room in the basement. It's like salkehatchie where you don't know anyone and you never know what to expect when it comes to the showering facilities. There was a little heart ache when we thought they lost our reservations. I think they did and just didn't want to tell us, but we have somewhere to sleep so I'm not complaining.
Dublin is like the New York of Ireland. There are millions of people all different and doing different and crazy things. There are about a million different languages spoken all around us. There's the high end part of the town with great shopping and then there is a makeshift china town on the other side.
I ate a crunchie bar yesterday just for you mom. ;)
-H
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Sounds like you are having a great time. Don't be too diapppointed in the hostels. It sounds like you may have gotten a couple losers. The hostels I stayed in were all nice. Of course, that was 34 years ago. I want to send this too Pop Pop. Try not to use the word PISS again.
Love, Mom
. Be safe!
Also, be sure to capitalize proper nouns. You both have had too much spent on your education to use lower case all the time! I would hate for a future employer to read your blog and dismiss you as a candidate for lower case issues!
- Daddy
Thanks for remembering me with the Crunchie....Bring me one home. Thanks for keeping us up to date it helps me sleep easier. It sounds wonderful. All our Love,H's Mom
This was Hannah's blog...FYI.
We're on a time limit here in Ireland for the computers, so case isssues are not really of high priority. Plus the keyboards are totally different here. That's what spellcheck is for an american computers right? America go Brag
Don't drop the soap!
Post a Comment