Monday, June 4, 2007

Last day in London/Europe...:'(

Today was fun. We got up early and went to Big Ben/Houses of Parliament, Westminster, Buckingham Palace, Back to Big Ben, Harrods, Back to Buckingham Palace, the Monument, shopping for lots of candy, and then to Queen's musical: We Will Rock You.

It was a busy day, but I must say we've had really good timing so far. It was a little overcast, but we missed any rain. We went back to Buckingham Palace to take pictures because when we went the first time we were there to see the changing of the guard with about a thousand other people.

Westminster was really neat. I'm actually sad I didn't get to go in it last time I came. I had no idea that there were that many famous people either buried or had memorials there. It was completely different than any other cathedral I've been in, that's for sure.

Emily and I are both fully stocked on candy for a while. Lots of Penguins and Maltesers, so get excited!

The Monument was cool. We went right after we ate which was a bad idea because it ended up that you had to walk up 311 continuous steps. It was a cool cheap way to see the city skyline though. Emily had her first Harrod's experience, and that's always a fun thing to see and do.

The main event for today was most definitely the Theatre. Like I said earlier we went to see Queen's musical We Will Rock You. It was really funny. It was a mixture of an actual musical and rock concert at the same time. The jokes were a little on the corny side, but they made up for it by singing Queen's famous hits. Really funny stuff. It takes place in the future where there is no individual music allowed. All the music is controlled by this GlobalSoft group. There are a group of rebel kids known as the Bohemians who want a Rhapsody. Really really entertaining and funny. I love the theatre in general, but this was a cool change from the norm.

I'm going to miss London.
:'(
-H

1 comment:

denise dobbs said...

Hey Hannah,
I hope some of those penguin bars make to Hilton Head. You must hide them from Julie. I am so jealous of you girls. This was definately a once in a lifetime trip. Be careful coming home and I will see you ina couple of weeks.
Lots of Love, Neese