Sunday, June 3, 2007

There is too much to do in London!

There really is so much to do and so little time. If Emily and I both weren't really tired from our adventures last night, we might have done more today. We did accomplish a lot though.

After breakfast, we went to King's Cross railroad station and took pictures by Platform 9 and 3/4! There is a trolley that is bolted down to the wall that looks like it is half way in the wall and half out. It was really funny. I couldn't believe that actually had a real sign for it and everything. Hilarious.

As we were walking out of our hostel Emily said out loud "I wonder if there is anything we should do outside since it is so pretty?" One of the staff just happened to be walking by and told us we should really go to Camden Market. We're staying in Camden I believe, our stop is Swiss Cottage. Anyway, after King's Cross we headed over there, and boy were we surprised. It was like a mile long road of nothing but tons of people and tons of really cool stores and stands. There was one huge section where vendors had their clothes, bags, jewelry, ect. hanging all around. There were also a lot of souvenir shops and many many hot topic like stores and some stores even more hardcore than hot topic. We didn't go into a lot of those, but I did get some sweet presents for Marissa, Ansley, and Will. You are going to love what I got you all!

After our awesome adventure to Camden Market, we headed over to the British Museum. We didn't stay too long, but we saw some of the Greek stuff and a lot of the Egyptian stuff. We're a little sick of museums, but the mummies were cool. After the museum we shopped a little at some stores near by, and then we went to Kensington Parks. We saw the Kensington Palaces aka Embassies, and we went to the Princess Diana memorial park. We weren't actually allowed to go inside because we didn't have kids. I guess what rule is to prevent pedophiles or something, but it was a little weird.

After that we headed to Trafalgar Square where we took a lot of pictures and talked to a very long time with an older Scottish Man. I was getting something to drink and Emily was getting ice cream when this guy just asked us where we were from. I knew instantly he was from Scotland seeing as in I could only understand every 3rd word coming from his mouth. He ended up talking our ears off about pollution, George Bush, Katrina damage, Tobacco, and other random stuff. He had a horrible mouth on him, but he asked us to excuse that because he was a stand up comedian and had to swear. Really funny dude, but he totally crossed the personal space boundaries!

Anyway, we're zonked, so I'm about to head to bed. Tomorrow is a big day. We're going to try to do Big Ben, Westminster, Buckingham, candy shopping (and germaline mom), and anything else we can squeeze in. See you all soon! Love you!
-H

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun. Get me some smarties if you get a chance. I got Milka bars in Nicaragua! Anyways, can't wait to see you! Love you!