Sunday, June 3, 2007

London music is about 30 years too late

Well, I can't really sum up what happened last night better than Emily. It was really crazy and really funny. I did feel safe the whole time because the streets were well lit and there is transportation everywhere. It was really crazy though.

The Big Chill Bar is pretty much exactly like the name. It is lined with sofas and the bar is just kind of a chill area. I've never seen the Big Chill movie, but I'm pretty sure it's in the same decade as the music they were playing. What is really funny is that everyone would sing along while Emily and I were just laughing. Also, European guys are not afraid to dance around without anyone dancing with them. That was really funny. Usually guys in America don't dance unless they're dancing with a girl, or else they'll just bob their head or something. Oh no, not here! The guys there would just dance around when no one was near them! It was hilarious!!! Their dancing is completely different too. It's more like an awkward swaying type thing. There is really no words to describe it, so Emily and I will reenact it for you when we get back.

It was kind of weird when we saw the guys snorting coke. Emily and I were in denial at first because we've never seen or been around anything like that. We were like, did they just do what we thought they just did? Crazy!

Emily has given me her sickness she had in the beginning of our trip. I really despise having head colds more than anything, and now I have one. My throat started hurting once we left the Tower yesterday, and this morning it feels like raw meat. (gross I know, but it's a realistic analogy.) My eyes and sinuses hurt. I'm about to take this Irish medicine Em bought back in Ireland. Hopefully it will work at least while we're out sightseeing.

Oh, I have Emily hooked on Penguin bars now. I'm pretty sure she's bringing a pack home for her family. I think they're my favorite. Maybe more than crunchie! ah!

Glad to hear you had a good time Rissa, and I'm sorry you got sick. I can't wait to hear about everything you did.

Thanks for the email Aunt Hilary. I wouldn't worry about Emily and my poor eating habits. We're actually eating pretty healthy other than the last minute cheap food we buy every now than then. Plus I think our total stair count is way into the thousands, so we're getting some good cardio in while we're here! haha.

-H

2 comments:

Papa-san said...

You have to see "The Big Chill" when you get back...one of my favorite movies. Hannah, "Heard it through the grapevine" is one of the songs in the movie...remember the raisin guys you loved so much when you were little? continue to be safe and have fun. Can't wait for you to get home and tell us all about your adventure. And I want to see your face when Marissa tells you about hers...especially in regards to toilet paper!
Love you,
Papa-san.

rissa said...

Haha. That sounds hilarious. The Big Chill Bar, ey? Funny! You better get to feeling better by Tuesday--your ears are going to kill if you get on an airplane with a head cold. Get drugged up before you come back. Take dramamine---it works wonders! You knock out until you land! I guess it's mostly for your tummy, but it makes you sleep hardcore too. Anyways, enjoy the rest of London. It sounds amazing!