Friday, June 1, 2007

A day of nothing but travel

So, we spent our entire day getting to London. That's ok though, because we have 3 full days left! The airport in Brussels was located quite a ways out of town as was the London one. So sadly, we had to pay a lot to take buses to and from the airports. I guess I will be working and making some money soon enough!

Our hostel is really neat. It is an old building that takes up the entire corner of the street! Should be interesting sleeping with Hannah; our room looks like a tree house. There is different levels bulit with lots of wood, and curtains everywhere! We'll take pics so you all can get the idea ;)

We were starving by the time we finally arrived at our hostel. We got fish n' chips and it was really good and fresh. I am excited about all we have to do tomorrow. I know we are going to be exhausted when we get back home. London is going to make sure we are exhausted because there is so... much to do here!

Family: I am bringing back some yummy British candy for everyone to try. Get ready, because you are going to love it!

2 comments:

Russ Allen said...

What airport did you fly into? Gatwick or Heathrow? or somewhere else?

BTW I used to live in the London Hilton across from Hyde park. Then they decided it was too expensive so they moved us to the Royal Suchnot near Buckingham Palace. I worked at Salomon Brothers near Victoria Station.

ONe time I also took a train from track 13 1/2 at Kings Cross Station. Guess where it went.

Mom said...

Sounds like your trip to London was rather exhausting. Oh, to be young again! If you get a chance look for the flat oblong plaid cover candy called McIntosh or any other good caramel/toffee. Can't wait to see you.
Love. Mom