So we were a bit lazy this morning and didn't leave the hostel till almost 11 AM. I guess our attempt at partying tired us out!
Anyway, as we were headed out the door I made a comment to Hannah about how we should do something outside because it was so pretty. One of the hostel workers overheard this and told us to go to Camden Market. Luckily, we took his advice.
On our way to the market, we stopped at King's Cross. We tried to enter platform 9 and 3/4 just like Harry. I ran as fast as I could but still no luck! The platform was actually marked and they had a basket that look like it was halfway through the wall. I really enjoyed this silly stop.
Camden Market was very neat. It was an eclectic mixture and there were tons of people. They were selling mostly clothes and accessories. It was very punk too. We walked around for quite some time and then headed to the British Museum.
The British Museum was free, which of course is always great. We didn't spend too much time in there but instead focused on seeing the Egyptian stuff. We got to see lots of mummies including mummified cats and falcons. It was creepy! After the museum, we had some lunch and then headed to this gorgeous park where Princess Diana's memorial playground is. I enjoyed seeing all the children playing. It was the perfect weather for a day at the park!
Next, we went to Traflagar Square. The square had a lot of statues and fountains and also provided us with an excellant view. There weren't any pigeons there to feed. Feeding them is now banned, it is kind of sad but I think it is a lot cleaner that way. While trying to leave the square, we got bombarded by this abnoxious yet slightly entertaining Scottish man. He went on and on about politics and the environment. He had all these sayings and stuff about the topics that sounded a little rehearsed. Sometime in the conversation, we came to find out that he is actually a stand-up comic. Figures!
Overall, I think we accomplished a lot today. We still have a ton to do tomorrow so we're getting to bed early. Good night!
-MLE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Great update! Thanks!
I trust we will see you tomorrow.
Have a good flight.
We love you and miss you,
Daddy
Post a Comment