Monday, June 4, 2007

Last Thoughts on Our Adventures

I'm really sad now that our trip has come to an end. I have learned so much and seen even more than that. I've met lots of really cool people, and I know this experience has changed me forever. There are some things that I have missed and things I won't miss about this trip though.

I will NOT miss:
-washing my hair in the sink
-wedging foamy earplugs into my brain as to block out noise from people while I sleep
-free water
-not paying for toilets
-exchange rates
-Belgian men
-drying myself with a large piece of felt pretending to be a super absorbent towel
-sparying my clothes with febreeze and making myself believe that they are clean enough to wear at least 5 more times
-overall European B.O. (seriously everyone needs a deoderant makeover here)

I WILL miss:
-freaking awesome chocolate
-old buildings within a big city
-meeting new people
-being able to walk everywhere
-random parks within a big city
-Saint John's Wood (the funniest tube stop ever)
-Eurpeans' lack of style
-eating lunch on the street while people watching

Here are some summaries of People/Places/Countries:

Ireland:
People here were actually not very nice. If Ireland wasn't so darn beautiful, I might not like it so much. People tried to rip us of night and day, and no one was very cheery. As for stuff to do, there's so much and the countryside is to die for.

Paris/French People:
I loved Paris. I loved the French. No one was rude to us, and they were very nice when we tried to speak to them. Some people had really horrible experiences in France, but I loved it. Nothing bad to say here. I'm definitely coming back and learning more French. It's a beautiful language. Even when they're being mean to you it still sounds pleasant!

Germany:
The smaller cities were much nicer than Germany. The German people were ok, they weren't super nice or super mean. I think they suffered so much from the wars that there just really isn't much old stuff left. If you're looking for a lot of historical buildings, this is not the place for you. The city is all modern. The people really do love to drink beer here though. They walk down the streets with it at all times of the day.

Amsterdam/Holland:
All the stores close way early, and I think it's because they all go get stoned or laid. Not really. I loved Amsterdam it's beautiful and basically everyone speaks English. I would go back again.

Belgium:
The men are sexest. They stare like no other country I've been too. The waffles are awesome though.

England:
People aren't overly friendly, but there is so much to do. There are lots of different people here, and it's just a cool place overall. So much history and stuff you learn about, and now you get to see it.

-H

No comments: